Monday, September 29, 2008

Becoming a professional juggler

This semester is proving to be as crazy as the last. I am loving my classes, well, two of them at least. As for the third, at least I've got great people to keep me company in it.

It's been an interesting juggling act, with the most death deifying feat being trying to wedge a paying job into all of it (versus the required 12 hours a week for a non-paid internship). But hopefully I've found my fit. I will be starting at the end of the month as a Home and Community Support Staff with Saint David's. I will be working with two families, one with a 7 year old boy, and another with a 12 year old girl.

Great way to get experience with EBD, and possibly a great way to lose the shred of sanity I have left. I am excited to start, but breaking in new families is always a bit of a challenge (that some times leads to hilarious results).

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Apple Computers