Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mmm, yummy

So in attempt to eat well I have been buying all sorts of yummy veggies. Well, actually I don't know if they are all yummy as some look down right weird. With all that said, someone somewhere recommended them or told me they are good for me so I thought I'd try.

I have discovered winter squash to much hilarity. For example, while trying to cut one in half a few hours ago to remove the seeds I ended up with the two halves flying in opposite directions, kitties running for cover and then spent the better part of the next 15 minutes picking up seeds.

However, the end result was so worth it. With a few teaspoons of olive oil, some sea salt, and a whole bunch of garlic I ended up with yummy squash fries. They were nice and crunchy and a little bit sweet. Perfect with ketchup.

Well, I'm off the Wedge. Wonder what new veggie I will find next. Any suggestions?

Oh, and if you want to make them yourself, spread them out on a parchment lined cookie sheet (yeay! no dishes), bake at 425 degrees for 40-45 minutes, flipping them over once.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Apple Computers